If you are new to climbing/bouldering outside, here are some tips:
- Contact us and sign up for our ‘Bouldering for Beginners’ or ‘Intro to Top Rope’ course.
- Get ready physically and mentally.
- Clip your nails short. Remove your expensive jewelry. Prepare sun screen and bugs pray.
- Wear something movable and breathable for the heat. Not so expensive cause you are likely to make tare it. Also, shorty running short can be too revealing. Absolutely no skinny jeans!
- Prepare enough water and food for the day. Pack it in, pack it out. Leave no trace.
All courses are typically on weekend, 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM, at Zoolander. You will have to sign the waiver to join the class.
Price list for ‘Bouldering for Beginners‘ course.
- 2 pp = 1000 THB ea.,
- 3-4 pp = 800 THBea.
Price list for ‘Intro to Top Rope‘ course = 1500 THB ea. 5 People maximum.
Private Guide. If you need a guide to take you around to classic boulders and 3-star problem, or find boulder grade of you interest, our guiding service = THB 2000 /day.
The courses include climbing gear, guiding in the boulder field, instruction how to climb, spotting/belaying.
The price DOES NOT include transportation to Zoolander, Zoo entry fee (THB 150), food and water.
All profit from gear rental and climbing courses will go to our climbing development fund to develop bouldering area and sport routes in Khon Kaen. We can host a larger group cause or workshop as well. Thai instructor/guide is available on Saturday and Sunday only. English instructor/guide may be available on weekdays, please contact us on Facebook for more information.
Some photos from our courses.